Heiremans' fascination for space, landscape and architecture is incorporated in his videos and installations, in which the notion of ‘displacement’ plays and important role. The collaborative work with his partner Katleen Vermeir examines the dynamic relation between art, architecture and economy, and its mediation in private and public spheres.
Heiremans’ work was shown, among other places, at the Fordham gallery (London, UK), the Netwerk gallery (Aalst, Belgium) and STUK (Leuven, Belgium).
With Katleen Vermeir he initiated A.I.R (short for 'artist in residence') in 2006, a project that redefines their private habitat as a public space. A.I.R is presented as an ongoing series of mediated extensions, allowing audiences to experience this private/public environment through translations to magazines, television, radio, websites, lectures, renderings, exhibitions…
Vermeir and Heiremans favor a communal mode of production, so over the years A.I.R has evolved into a platform for different collaborations with people from various backgrounds and occupations. The results of these extensive research-based projects were presented at ART Brussels (2006), Genève (2007), Istanbul Biennial (2007), and most recently in Arnolfini, Bristol (2009) and Casino Luxembourg (2009). Their work has been screened in Franfurter Kunstverein, Kassel Documentary Film festival, Radcliffe Institute Boston, Flux/S Eindhoven and others.
- ° 1962 Heist-op-den-Berg (Belgium). Lives in Brussels.
- FLOATING SPACES | ART FILMS SCREENINGS PROGRAM
- Argos Media Library
- Videoex 2011: Guestcity Brussels
- Vermeir & Heiremans - The Residence (a wager for the afterlife)
- Erfgoeddag 2012: Helden uit de schaduw/ Heritage Day 2012: Heroes
- Piercing the Market Bubble – Positions against Hypercapitalism
- Video Library
- Open archives, Active archives? - #1: Digital properties. An evening with Ronny Heiremans & Katleen Vermeir. Discussions, screenings and presentations
At view in the media library