_IMOVIE_: THE AGONY OF SILENCE
Els Opsomer created this video using the amateur software ‘iMovie’ from Apple’s ‘iLife Suite’. It is a lyrical video letter to her friends, an introspective account of a short visit to Palestine. Pictures which were taken there are widely and deeply explored and edited, with the content of the letter as subtitles. Musing she asks herself questions about the preservation of human integrity in an area where violence is the order of the day, where human dignity is being affected day in, day out on different levels and throughout different generations. “Brutal MEMORY erasing sweetness – Only fragmented thoughts submerge day and night”, she finds, in an attempt to grasp personal integrity and sensibility in the complex rag of reality. The contemplative atmosphere is enhanced by the soundtrack by Stefaan Quix.
This work has been digitised in the frame of DCA Project
- Format miniDV(miniDV)
- Color system PAL
- Color col.
- Year 2003
- Duration 00:11:58
Subtitled running text/titles: English UK
- Videoex 2011: Guestcity Brussels
- Into the World, Out on the Street
- Real to Reel
- Valérie Jouve: Soirée Transat Vidéo
- Video Library
- Refractions of the tourist's eye: Three alternative Takes for the Audio Visual Travel Journal
- Passages. La photographie dans l’art vidéo contemporain
- Notes from the Conflict Zone - From Palestine with...
- Duo Track : Language and image in audiovisual art from Flanders and the Netherlands: eight stances