Eitan Efrat has been collaborating with Sirah Foighel Brutmann for several years, creating works together in the audiovisual field.
Their works have been produced by Auguste Orts and Argos (Belgium) and distributed by EYE institute (The Netherlands); shown at filmfestivals as IDFA and International Film Festival Rotterdam (The Netherlands), Courtisane (Belgium), New Horizons (Poland); on television (Arte) and in exhibitions at Kunsthalle Basel (Switzerland), STUK (Belgium), EMAF (Germany) and the Petah-Tikva Museum for Contemporary Arts (Israel). Their works have won prizes at IMAGES (Canada) and Oberhausen Film Festival (Germany).
Sirah and Eitan have presented their work as featured artists at the 59th Flaherty Film Seminar (USA), and have participated in artists talks and presentations in institutions such as FLACC (Genk, Belgium), LUCA BFA class (Brussels), L'erg MFA class (Brussels) and Bezalel MFA class (Tel Aviv).
Coming from different educational backgrounds – Sirah studied at P.A.R.T.S (Performing Arts Research and Training Studios), Brussels, and Eitan studied at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam – their work aims to challenge the performative aspects in the moving image. In their recent works Printed Matter (2011) and film/installation Journal (2013) they question the spatial and durational potentialities in the reading of photographs that carry a common visual language and historical narratives.
Sirah and Eitan are part of the artist-run collective together with and .
- ° 1983 Tel Aviv (Israel). Lives and works in Brussels.
- FILM COLOGNE - Flanders Moving Image
- Company: Sirah Foighel Brutmann & Eitan Efrat, Pieter Geenen, Meggy Rustamova
- 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080/1000 Bruxelles
- Passages. La photographie dans l’art vidéo contemporain
- Eitan Efrat & Sirah Foighel Brutmann - Gathering Series
- Sirah Foighel Brutmann & Eitan Efrat - Journal & Printed Matter
- Histories of a Picture to Come
- Sirah Foighel Brutmann & Eitan Efrat - Square
At view in the media library