A painter by education, Filip Francis has been working with different media since the 1970s, creating conceptual art and installations.
“Filip Francis is probably the most obvious representative of the carefree liberty of cinematic usage in Belgian contemporary cinema. In his work the discovery of cinematic fact preserves all of its freshness, most probably because it was guided more spontaneously.”
- ° 1944 Duffel (Belgium). Lives and works in Brussels.
- rewind productions
- FFWD / RWD
- Looking back - A video selection from the Argos collection for Contour On Tour: Video art in the Flemish Parliament
- Argos @ Yokohama and Kyoto
- Sweet Protestations – Performing Reality in Public Space
- STEP UP! Belgian Dance and Performance on Camera 1970-2000 - Chapter 1
- Argos @ Schwarzescafé
At view in the media library
- Drie minuten, ringautobaan, trekken, roltrap, stop stap stop stap...
- Egg music
- Filmische snelschetsen
- Filmische snelschetsen 2
- Licht & beweging, grand bazaar, regen, lopen, roltrap…
- Mensen en eieren
- Oneindige beperking, etcetera, 40.700 x9…
- Pieces for tumbling woodblocks
- Solo for tumbling woodblocks
- Tentoonstelling de Warande Turnhout